Data estimates that there are 6.9 million addicted women nationally needing help but not receiving treatment.
The clinical staff at Safe Harbor has developed a Phase System that creates the opportunity for a smooth and successful transition through the completion of treatment. The length of each Phase is contingent upon the completion of the written assignments provided by our staff, group therapy participation, meeting attendance, 12-Step work and the agreement of each woman’s counselors that their client is ready for the next phase of their recovery.
An intense and structured environment paves the way for each woman’s recovery in Phase I. In pursuit of our excellence in treatment, Safe Harbor offers a diverse panel of dedicated professionals to assist each client with their success in each Phase. A goal-oriented schedule is customized around each woman’s personal progression towards recovery and an emphasis on peer support and interaction is an integral part of Safe Harbor’s healing process.
Our group therapies for drug and alcohol abusers use affiliation, support, and peer and counselor insight to help patients struggling to move from addiction to recovery. Safe Harbor’s philosophy is that each woman should have a highly individualized and flexible treatment plan that combines mental health and substance abuse treatment. Each group is conducted by a well-trained and skilled group leader providing an environment where each woman can foster healthy attachments, provide positive reinforcement and act at a forum for client self-expression.
Phase I is the initial stage of individual and group development where women begin to develop their relationships with one another and learn what is expected of them. Early in recovery, women rely on patterned and safe behavior as our counselors provide direction and guidance.
Highlighted below is a breakdown of Safe Harbor’s Phase I Process:
- Weekly individual sessions with certified counselors on and off-site
- Daily individual sessions with personal case manager
- Attendance at 5 scheduled therapy groups per day including: hypnotherapy, yoga, mediation, process groups, nutrition, tai chi, experiential therapy, healthy relationship therapy, body image therapy, relapse prevention, art therapy, and Big Book Studies.
- Attend at least one 12-Step Meeting daily
- Acquire a 12-Step Sponsor
- Acquire a commitment to service work at one 12-Step Meeting
- Complete Steps 1, 2 and 3 with a 12-Step Sponsor
- Complete written treatment reflection work with each individuals case manager
- Show personal responsibility and accountability to their group by maintaining and completing assigned chores daily
- Participate in all areas and components of treatment
- Practice healthy nutrition daily